Use the 3PL Site Visit Checklist when you meet and visit the sites of potential logistics service providers to ensure you get all the information you need to make an informed decision.
This checklist includes a series of prompts that trigger questions or serve as a reminder to observe certain parts of the operation during the visit.
Whilst on site try to observe or seek answers to the following:
- The suitability of the location
- The type of equipment that is being used
- The culture of the organisation
- The operating procedures and systems that are being used
- The type of security measures that are in place
- The compatibility with your existing business requirements
- The service levels that can be expected
- The cost model that will be applied
- The on-boarding process
- The process of managing the relationship