The complexity of comparing the competitiveness of one 3rd Party Logistics Service Provider’s costs against another will vary depending on the type of service that is being provided.
Logistics costs can broadly be categorised under the following headings:
- International Freight Forwarding
- Customs Clearance
- Warehousing and
Before being able to effectively evaluate these costs it important to have good understanding of the key components of each category.
Stay tuned for forthcoming posts that will provide a simple explanation of the various costs for the above categories and then provide some tips, tools and techniques for comparing and evaluating your current or prospective 3rd Party Logistics Service Provider.
Other similar posts
- Understanding International Freight Forwarding Costs
- Understanding Customs Clearance Costs
- Understanding Transportation Services and Costs
- Understanding Warehouse Services and Costs – Part 1
- Understanding Warehouse Services and Costs – Part 2
- Understanding Warehouse Services and Costs – Part 3
To download a FREE copy the 3PL Quick Cost Estimator spreadsheet – CLICK HERE