As Christmas fast approaches and order volume increases we start to get nervous about being able to meet the delivery expectations of our customers.
Last year in particular , the delivery performance for the likes of Australia Post and StarTrack was not so good during this time.
Although the proof will be in the pudding, Christmas pudding to be precise, it seems that Australia Post and StarTrack are taking steps to “make sure this Christmas runs smoothly for all our customers”
Here’s what they are proposing to do this Christmas:
- Working on Saturdays and making weekend deliveries
- Increase the processing capacity by 300,000 parcels per day
- Increase the number of vehicles on the road to make more deliveries – 120 new vans
- Increase the number of scanners to provide real time information and improve visibility of parcels in the network – 2000 new scanners
- Increase the number staff at call centers to take more calls – 100 more operators
Only time will tell how effective these steps will be but it is definitely a step in the right direction.